Friday, February 25

duty calls

so the day has finally come where i have had to face the fact that my dad, my hero is not going to be here to meet my little guy...
i think that i have been hoping and praying that our lil one would make an early appearance so he can meet his poppy. But as of right now, that is not looking like its going to happen.  its very hard to think that your dad, who has been a constant figure and support in your life and has been there through everything for 29 years, is going to miss the birth of your first child and his first grandchild.  i hate it...i know its not his fault or something that he can even control...i most hate it for him.  i know he has been looking forward to the big day for over 9 months and probably has imagined what it was going to be like to see his little girl become a mom.  (trust me...so have i) and now he will have to witness it through pictures and video's.  it is very hard to grasp, but i know that he will be thinking of us each and everday until he returns.
i will miss him more this trip than any other time he has traveled. he travels alot and is always missed, but this trip brings some many more emotions to the table than just the normal every other month trip.
i hope i can make him proud as i become a mom and raise my son in the way he has raised me- to be a caring, strong, and independent person with solid family values and a good head on his shoulders.

so, to my dad, my hero...i love you very much and am going to miss you more than you know.
i cant wait for you to come home and meet your grandson:)
...travel safe and hurry home...
all of my love and more

No comments:

Post a Comment