Thursday, March 24

the little things

lately i have noticed that its the little things that have really made my heart smile.

here are just a few:
extra sharp cheese and reduced fat triscuits...getting more than 3 hours of uninterupted sleep...walks with my mom...tummy time with daddy...a smiling sleeping baby...mustard poop on the carpet...burning yankee candle...windows open...bird chirping at 6:00am...lunch dates with my hubby...thin mints...shower...feta cheese...a text/phone call from a friend...holding his own bottle..the hiccups...dreft detergent...pushing a stroller...organizing onesie...johnson & johnson baby lotion

its funny how some of these little things happen each and everyday, but sometimes we are just so busy- we dont even notice them.  i guess since i have been home with my lil man, i have been able to take everything in...maybe it is because i have nothing else to do but take care of him and enjoy my time off...but it has helped me realize how important it is to not get so caught up on the things that stress me out-but to remember how the little things made me feel.

so the annoyances that i have when my hubby slurpes his cereal each morning or snores so loud i cant fall asleep, are the things and thoughts i need to look past and realize that the list above is what really matters.
ok, well lets be honest, those annoyances are going to always be annoying...i guess on those days i just need to try hard to think of something that made my heart smile rather than cringe!!!;)

1 comment: